It’s mango season here in Bali and that alone makes me and my kids the happiest people. Especially Rocco is crazy about mangoes, he eats at least 1 whole mango all by himself every day.
When in the season these golden God-send fruits are cheap, amazingly sweet, incredibly juicy and huge in size — truly nature’s candy! I’ve been using mangoes in all kinds of recipes. I made mango chutney, mango sushi, mango raw cake, mango chia pudding, and today I’ll be sharing the easiest 3 ingredient mango popsicles. If you have kids, you can ask them to help you make, this way they feel incredibly proud of themselves and they actually contribute, win-win if you ask me 😉
If you’re having trouble feeding your kids extra fruits or vegetables, making popsicles is truly an amazing way to just sneak in those extra fruits or vegetables. Just sweeten things up with a banana, some stevia, dates, raw honey, or maple syrup.
The secret in getting the creamiest ice cream or popsicles is to leave out liquids like water, it’s the liquid that makes it icy and frosty and not creamy. So I will suggest using as many fruits as possible and using yogurt to add the creaminess.
Enough talking, let’s start making the most delicious healthy mango popsicles!
3 Ingredient Mango Popsicles
- 2 medium-sized mangoes, cubed
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (optional, gives it an extra anti-inflammatory booster)
- 1/2 cup yogurt of choice, I used coconut yogurt
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until all is well combined.
- Pour the mixture in a popsicle mold and freeze for at least 6 hours or best overnight.
- Defrost for a minute and enjoy!
- You can easily double or even triple the recipe to make more!