Acai berries are around for quite some time. It’s only since the last decade that it has been labeled as a superfood in the Western world and therefore a major trend in a healthy lifestyle. Berries, in general, are a great addition to your diet. Although experts say acai berry is one of the healthiest berries among them all.
Acai is an indigenous berry commonly found in the rain forests of the Amazon. This antioxidant-rich fruit has been popular for centuries as a healing, immune-stimulating and energy booster. I found a shortlist on the internet about the health benefits of this beautiful berry. Let’s check them out:
- Heart Health
- Resistant to Harmful Organisms
- Aids in Weight Loss
- Promotes Skin Health
- Helps Digestion
- Reduces Irritation
- Improved Cellular Health
- Immune Booster
- Anti-Aging Effects
- Energy Boost
- Better Sex (not too shabby!)
- Improves Mental Function
As you can read there are enough reasons to give Acai a try. I’ve been using Acai in powder form in my smoothie bowls for some years and it’s about time to write down a proper recipe here! You can find the Acai powders in health stores both online and offline. They come with a price tag, but luckily you’ll only need a little bit per serving. A little bit goes a long way!
Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 1 tbsp of Acai powder or use frozen Acai packs from your local health food store.
- 1-2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup almond milk or other plant milk of choice
- Toppings: 1/2 banana, slices kiwi, hemp seeds and strawberries.
- Put the frozen bananas in your food processor, blend and add the Acai powder or frozen acai chunks, and the almond milk until a smooth consistency.
- Top with your favourite toppings such as seeds, nuts, fruits and more berries. Enjoy!