What I like about creating and experimenting a recipe, is that I never know how it turns out at the end. It’s always a surprise for me, although I’ve imagined it in the perfect way in my mind.
Before I made these crackers I was very much into making granola. Making granola is such a fun and easy thing to do. You can make granola balls out of it, a deconstructed way in different shapes or super crumbled. After playing with the various options and flavors of making granola, I came with the idea of making crackers, by just flatten the mixture out. To keep things together I use psyllium husks powder and chia seeds.
Find the health benefits of chia seeds here. Eat these crispy healthy crackers with your favorite dippings like hummus, some fresh tzatziki or homemade marmalade!
Rosemary And Raisins Seed Crackers
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup golden or brown flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon psyllium husks powder
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried or fresh finely chopped rosemary
- 1 sachet of stevia
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
- In a large mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in another bowl. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely mixed well and forms a dough.
- Start adding flavors you like. I added rosemary, raisins and sea salt. The combinations here are endless, so be creative in this part.
- When flavors are combined, form a ball of dough and roll it out into a very thin layer using a roll pin. If it’s sticky you might add some flour on the working table.
- When it’s flatten out use a (pizza) knife and cut into squares.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F. Cover the baking tray with parchment / baking paper and put the dough carefully unto the tray and bake for around 10-15 minutes, depending how thick the dough is.
- Take it out and carefully flip it over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- It has to be crisp and slightly golden brown around the edges.
- Take it out the oven and let it cool on a cooling rack.
- Break the crackers, by following the scored lines and eat it with your favorite dippings and toppings.