When I started removing eggs from my diet, I was so happy to learn that you can easily replace the classic scrambled eggs with scrambled tofu! You get more protein and it’s better for your cholesterol too.
Moreover, now we’re talking about cholesterols. Did you know that high cholesterol levels are caused by animal meat from pork, poultry, beef, and even fish and animal by-products such as dairy, cheese, butter, margarine, and eggs? Plants can’t raise your cholesterol, so I hope this could be the reason to have you add more wholesome plant-based goodness into your meals.
Another great way to swap animal meat for plant-based ingredients in this amazing Vegan Bolognese Pasta sauce! Instead of using minced beef, we replace it with the small but mighty lentils.
I’ve been cooking without oils for some time now and really enjoy this new way of preparing my meals. I rather have my healthy fats in its whole such as in avocados, olives, coconuts or nuts, and seeds. And by learning to cook without cooking oil you also get fewer calories in, this especially helps when you’re trying to lose weight. Because let’s be honest, vegetable and cooking oils, even the “healthy” ones such as olive oils are only used to make your pan nonstick.
If you’ve never tried to cook without oils and making scramble tofu. Give it a try with this quick and delicious turmeric scramble tofu recipe
For the scramble tofu
- 4 tbsp vegetable stock or water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 250-300 g firm tofu
- 1 cup of kale, stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional for cheesy flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried chili flakes (optional)
- 4 tbsp plant milk
- ¼ – ½ avocado, sliced
- Fresh chili, sliced
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add liquid of choice
- Add garlic and stir until it’s glazed.
- Crumble the tofu with your hand and add it to the skillet and gently stir fry
- Add the spices and mix well with the tofu.
- Add kale, tomatoes, and plant milk of choice.
- Stir to coat tofu in spices and let simmer on low heat for another minute.
- Feel free to add some toast, quinoa, rice or another whole grain to it. Enjoy!