Who doesn’t want to have silky soft skin?
The good news is that you can eat and drink your way to a healthy and beautiful skin using a few key ingredients.
The 7 best foods for glowing skin
- Dragon fruit or pitaya is high in vitamin C, fight inflammation and has vitamin B6 that helps you regulate your hormones and reduce facial acne.
- Walnuts are packed with healthy fats even higher than both omega-3 and omega-6 fats.
- Avocados for the healthy fats that keep your skin moist and flexible.
- Seeds and chia seeds are in general skin boosters because of healthy fats, vitamin E, selenium, and zink.
- Paprika is high in vitamin C and this helps in creating collagen for your skin.
- Matcha and green tea are high in antioxidants that restore your skin from damage and aging.
- Aloe vera is high inflammatory, this means it can treat sunburn, acne and dry skin by applying the actual aloe vera gel to the damaged skin but also by eating and in this recipe drinking it.
The bad news is, well, you got to be consistent in doing so.
There’s no such thing as overnight success and the same principle goes for your health and beauty my friend.
But with this ancient beauty recipe, you’ve got all the right ingredients you need to start glowing.
Silky Skin Smoothie
- 1/2 red dragon fruit/pitaya, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh aloe vera, gel only
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut water or swap with filtered water
- Icecubes (optional)
Toppings: goji berries, unsweetened coconut flakes and hemp seeds (optional)
- Clean the aloe vera, by removing the thick peel and only scoop out the translucent gel inside.
- add the gel in a bowl and soak it in filtered water to get rid of any slime. You want the clean gel without the slime, the slime tastes bitter.
- Transfer the clean aloe vera gel in a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until everything is smooth and creamy.